Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sand In My Shoes and Delight In My Heart!


Hello everyone,
Just got back from a whirlwind trip over to the coast.  I took a solitary walk through my beloved Asilomar.
Asilomar holds so many special  memories for me of my youth.  I went on retreats there every year with my mom.  It is just a calming cleansing place that is very sacred to me.
As I walked the grounds so many memories came back.  Oh the smell of the place.
The cool breeze. The ocean pounding in the back ground.  Ahh bliss.  Asilomar looks like it has
taken a beating.  Alot of the towering trees have toppled, but alot of new trees have been planted so it
looks like they are taking care of it.  I love the rustic nature of the place.
Asilomar will always be my favorite place and reside in my heart.


A while back while blog hopping I read a post about a very special store in Carmel.
It is called Findings.  It is a special place filled to the brim with vintage notions and trims.
Some of these trims come from that awesome place in New York called Tinsel Trading Co.
I feel very lucky to have had a chance to see in person these delicious goodies and take some home
with me.  The owner Nancy was just as charming as could be and didn't mind my picture snapping and
falling all over myself oogling these treasures.  There was so much to see.  It was
simply a jumble of lovely goodness.  I hope you are still with me this is a long post. I have a few more pics to post.  Hang in there.  The cottages and buildings in Carmel are simply charming. What a beautiful spot on the Calif coast.  A couple more pics. 
The flowers were amazing! 
Here is a toast to you. May you have sea breezes wherever you are and God in your heart.
Have a great rest of the day!
Diana

No comments: