Thursday, July 8, 2010

Monterey Cactus and Succulents

Hello, I was just visiting Julies blog over atA Succulent life.  She had some amazing cactus pictures and it
made me remember that my husband & I took some pics in monterey of a cactus garden.  I think this is a
Hens and Chick.   Edited to correct.  This is a aeonium. It is huge the pic dosn't show how big it is. This next pic will give some
perspective. In this last pic if you look close there is a raven.  I tried to get a better pic and
he flew away.  I guess he's camera shy.

We stayed at Hotel Casa Munras.  The flowers were beautiful.  This is a pic of bouganvilla. The next shot is
a close up of a beautiful rose. Sorry my post posts out of sequence.  I need to learn
how to get my posts the way I want them.
Have a wonderful day!
Diana

3 comments:

Candice Suter.....Sweetstuff said...

Hi love your shots. The first shots you called Hens and chicks are actually aeoniums. They are a succulent and a lot of people get them confused with echeveria's that are Hens and chicks. Nice blog!

Diana said...

Hi Candy,
Thank you for setting me straight.
I knew I was probaly getting the name wrong. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Julie said...

My gosh...Diana...I just came across this post where you mentioned my blog!!! I am a little slow, eh....over a whole year later...good grief. Love all of the gorgeous succulents you guys have out there!! Hope to see more on your blog if you see more around.
Xoxo- Julie