Friday, February 24, 2012

It's a candy kisses from heaven kind of day

Hello blog friends.
Have you ever had a day that kinda seems magical?  Where a random act of kindness from a stranger kinda just puts you in a state of bliss?  Today was that day for me.  Let me tell you I will accept candy kisses from heaven anytime I can get them.  Ok, I know you're thinking "get to the point."  Well today I was in Barnes & Noble and there is always this group of watercolor artists that I love to observe.
Today one of them surprised me with a portrait of me reading a book.
I know this isn't the best photography but my camera is acting up.    I just was so
touched by this.   I love it.  I also got to have lunch with my best friend, my sister.
I love her so much and don't get to spend enough time with her.
I also got a vintage tackle box that I have been wanting forever.  I put it on my art desk and
stuffed it full of artsy goodness.  I got the idea from Lani Kent of Healing Expressions.
I will probably be tweeking it so be prepared for a bunch of pictures of it.
Snickerdoodle has been settling in just fine.  This cat is something else!
He lets me clip his claws.  He got a bath yesterday and was cool with it.
When the camera comes out he goes into pose mode.

Look at those whiskers.  He's so cute!
In other news, my husbands boss and his wife came up for dinner a few weeks ago, and they brought me a orchid.  I have never had one before.  It is beautiful!
So far it's doing great.

Here's an extreme closeup of it.
I also have a in progress picture of my "Dance" painting.  It's just the background.
I have really enjoyed today.  I made up my mind to have a worry free couple of hours.
My husband has been having problems with his blood pressure, and it really worries me.
His insurance on his new job kicks in March 1st.  This has been a scary 3 mo's with out it.
I still worry too much especially after him having open heart surgery last June.  So please keep
us in your prayers.  Thank you for reading my rambles.  Please leave me a comment and let me know
you were here.

Hugs,

Diana

1 comment:

Julie said...

You and your hubby are in my prayers!!! I had not been getting my feed that you were posting, so I just read this!!! Your cat is so darn cute...don't work him too hard! LOLOL.